Real Estate Signs
Are you confused about what real estate sign would work best for you? Are you looking for a new design for your realty signs? Would you like something to make you stand out from the crowd? We can help you with a fresh concept, new design and production of outstanding signs today!
Creating, designing and placing real estate signs is the best way for realtors to get their name out there and build a reputation. Normally, signs are branded with the name and/or logo of the property’s listing agent, the realty company name and logo and complete contact information This helps brokers build trust with their target audience, boost brand awareness, and increase the chances of doing business with people who see these signs.
There are many reasons that you might want to design a real estate sign. Whether you have an apartment to lease, a property to sell or an open house to advertise, posting signs around the community and neighborhood can be an efficient way to get attention. In order for the signs to be effective, you want to make sure they attract attention, leave a good impression and share all the necessary property and contact information.
Use these steps to design an effective real estate sign:
- Determine the primary purpose of your sign. This might be to advertise, sell, inform or impress.
- Decide on your message. This should be the focus of your real estate sign.
- Use your established purpose to craft a message that will get people to do what you want them to do, whether it is to visit an open house, call about an apartment for rent or attend an auction on a foreclosed property.
- Consider the size of your sign. Once you understand the purpose and message of your sign, you know how large it has to be. For example, to advertise an open house in a busy area, you will need a large sign. A sign that displays an apartment for rent might need to fit in a window
- Leave enough room for all the information you need to share as well as a graphic or picture that will get the attention of people who see the sign. For example, a sign advertising a house for sale should have enough space for a list price or contact information for the realtor.
- Make your sign attention grabbing. This might mean large letters, a colorful background, a humorous slogan or a great picture. If you are selling a house, include a unique detail such as “hot tub included” or “totally renovated kitchen”.
- Leave a good impression. You want your sign to grab the attention of people interested in real estate, but you do not want to turn them off.
- Keep it tasteful and appropriate. Remember that people from all different backgrounds and ages will see your sign.
- Include pertinent information. For example, if your sign advertises an open house, be sure to include the date, time and address. If you are advertising an apartment for rent, include the number of bedrooms and the price of rent.
- Remember that contact information is essential. It is impossible to put every detail on the real estate sign, so share your email address, phone number or website that can lead people to more information.
- Use branding that is consistent with your company or business. If you are designing a real estate sign for an established company, you will need to include that company’s logo.
- Keep colors, fonts, messages and taglines consistent with your brand. You do not want to confuse customers and clients who associate your real estate brand with certain images and logos.
- Consider placement. As you are designing your sign, think about where it will be placed. For example, designing a yard sign will be different than designing a banner that stretches across a building.
- Think about how you can “accessorize” your sign. Some people hang balloons with open house signs, and other real estate signs might include brochures or sales sheets that include additional information on the property.
- Use a sign that doubles as a box. This will allow you to hold information that people can take away from the sign or the property.
- Consider using a QR Code. These are the black and white square symbols that you see on almost every piece of marketing material these days. QR codes work like bar codes, and are scanned with your smart phones.
- Get a QR code. There are many online QR code generators such as Scanlife, Kaywal or GOQRMe. These generators offer free QR codes when you follow their steps. You may have to start an account. You also have the option to pay for performance tracking information, such as how many people clicked on your QR code.
- Program your QR code to deliver people to your agency’s website, or a social networking site that promotes the property you are selling or renting.
The 5 Types of Real Estate Signs:
There are five types of real estate signs commonly used to advertise property: stake, post, frame, feather flag, and vinyl decals. Most of these fall in the category of ground-mounted signs – the ones you see along the side of the road used to entice those who pass by either on foot in a vehicle.
- H-frame Stakes are metal sign holders used most commonly to hold light-weight, corrugated plastic signs. An H-frame stake is generally the least expensive type of post for ground-mounted real estate signs.
- The T-bar Metal Stake is a heavier iron stake, shaped like a T with hole at the top to hold aluminum signs.
- Metal Frames are heavier than wire stakes. Most wire stakes weigh less than a pound. Metal frames made of iron and steel and range in weight from 5 to 15 pounds. The frames hold aluminum signs that either hang from the frame or side.
- Posts – For most of us, when we think of real estate signs, the first one that comes to mind is the colonial post. That’s the white, inverted L-shaped sign we typically see the larger franchises use to advertise properties. Once upon a time, the colonial post was a wood post painted white. Today, the updated version is a more durable aluminum stake covered in black or white powder. Used to hang aluminum signs, the colonial post stands 66” tall, weighs in between 5 and 15 pounds and accommodates an aluminum sign between 24 and 30 inches wide.
Let our team at Signs of Intelligence help you stand apart from your competition. We will help you design and create that great work of art to get the attention you want for your business or event! We can design and create a custom sign, banner, poster, wall graphic and much more for you using your ideas or we can design something special just for you. We offer a variety of popular text fonts along with an extensive Pantone color chart, and we will help you select the perfect size and material for your project. We will work with you to select the best color combinations for readability to make your product stand out. Our graphic artist can help you combine great color combinations and graphics for your needs and put you on the path to a one of a kind sign or graphic package!
5875 Peachtree Industrial Blvd., Suite #150
Peachtree Corners, GA 30092